We aim to deliver an outstanding curriculum that is:
- underpinned by aims, values and purpose;
- develops the whole child;
- is broad and balanced;
- has clear progression in subject knowledge and skills;
- offers purposeful experiences;
- is flexible and responsive to needs and interests;
- embeds principles of sustainability;
- has an eye on the future;
- uses environments beyond the classroom;
- makes strong cross curricular links;
- has a local, national and international dimension.
At Sacred Heart we offer a curriculum that is broad, balanced and relevant to the needs of the children. Central to all we do in school is the spiritual, moral, social, cultural, intellectual, physical and creative development of the children.
Sacred Heart supports the Local Authority’s initiatives on equality and diversity. We are constantly evaluating the way the school operates, the environment we provide and the curriculum range that is on offer. It is fundamental to the life of the school that there shall be no discrimination on grounds of race, gender or ability. The Governors seek to provide a curriculum and organisation in the school that give equal opportunities to boys and girls and to meet varying needs of each pupil. The school is opposed to any form of racism and we strive to foster attitudes of positive concern for all people of all races and cultural and social background.
For each area of our rich curriculum, we have developed statements of Intent, Implementation and Impact.
These are long term Curriculum Overviews for each year group in place, to ensure that all the requirements of the National Curriculum are met.